Day 114/366 – Inspirational kicks. TEDxPortland x Nike Air Max 1’s.
TED (Technology/Entertainment/Design) is a nonprofit organization that aims to spread ideas from the world’s leading thinkers and doers. TEDxPortland took place this past weekend; the theme was Uncharted Territory – “Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
TEDxPortland linked up with Nike Sportswear to create a special sneaker for this year’s conference. The Air Max 1 was the first to debut a visible air bubble back in 1987. The kicks feature a black suede upper, solar red midsole, roped laces and an “Uncharted Territory” graphic on the sockliners.
TEDxPortland x Nike Air Max 1’s
Thomas Brown was wearing a pair as well – he’s the talented drummer often playing downtown on SW 4th and Morrison.
Below are a few of my favorite takeaways from the TEDxPortland conference…
- Gene Sandoval (Partner, ZGF Architects): Open your box, help better this world. After the final no, comes a yes.
- Bassima Mroue (Global Process Manager, Nike): Invest in a girl – create a ripple – known as the Girl Effect.
- Gavin Davison (Skate Athlete/Entrepreneur): Find what you love and make it your job.
- Aithan Shapira (Internationally Known Artist): Needs to be made right now – by YOU.
- John Waller & Ben Canales (Photographers/Filmmakers): Let the curiosity of the unknown guide your life.
- Hideshi Hamaguchi (Director of Strategy, ZIBA Design): Innovation = New+Doable+Controversy.
Charlie Todd’s ‘Improv Everywhere’ group causes bizarre, hilarious and unexpected public scenes that bring people together. Watch this video from a past TED talk for a Monday morning smile. 🙂